Wednesday, January 12, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~

I finished up the quilting on DOUBLE TROUBLE over the weekend. It came out good, I really like the quilting design. I snapped this picture yesterday morning as the sun was coming through the window. It really shows the texture of the quilting.


I then got the binding ready and stitched it to the front of the quilt.


Now I just need to turn it to the back and hand stitch it down ~ seems like a good thing to be doing on these cold days.

This is the next quilt in the queue ~ Rona #15.



It is screaming at me for custom quilting! I can picture what I would quilt but there is no way I am able to do it. <sigh> My stitching would be all squiqqle-y as I get the shakes when I get tired. Oh well.

Thanks for all the feedback on air fryers. We thought we just wanted a basic air fryer, which would have to be stored on the shelves behind the bedroom door ~ figured if we had to go get it every time we wanted to use it, it would never get used. Then we started looking at the ones that had multiple functions and how we would re-arrange the counter to make it fit.

The countertop ice maker would have to go, along with the toaster and my cookbook holder.  Yep, that's doable.

So, we ended up getting the Ninja Foodi which probably does way more than we will ever use! (including toasting which is why the toaster could go) Last night Dan did an assortment of veggies, tasted pretty good!


Grandson Parker had a bit of a skiing accident on Saturday ~ broke his collarbone.  Ouchie.


Doc says give it two weeks and re X-ray.  I don't know, doesn't seem like that will heal right on it own. And of course, it is his right side and he is right handed.  Poor dude.

Another cold one ~ we are headed to Topsham for my treatment this morn.  Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...