Monday, November 8, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, in the studio. Working away on #20, that’s a quilt top if you are new. I ain’t a serial killer or something, I talk about dumb stuff and quilting. When you think about it, if it ain’t about quilting, it’s probably is dumb stuff.

I currently have 14 or so blocks done out of 35 needed then I can start the sashing strips etc. I have played with the math and I think I can use the fabric I wanted for the sashing strips and cornerstones. Or should I say I am pretty sure I can choose a Corner Pop 3 unit that will allow me to cut the make up triangles and the Square Squared center units out of the the one yard cut of fabric I have. I will do the math a few more times before I commit.

The spider web fabric is the one I will run out of. I will need to figure that out when I get there. Probably will require making quilt top smaller than planned, or maybe I will need to add another element to the top. Intriguing thought. I will be making more of the 36 patch for the block centers as that saves me the web fabric I would have used creating the Square2 units. I like the other centers better, both visually and ease of construction, but they require quite a bit of fabric. Time will tell, I will keep on keeping on. 




I did take the original block apart, I reused the center. 



I will be glad when the leaves stop arriving on the beach. I am aware it gives me something to do every day or two, but seriously, I could find something else to do.

The leaves on the driveway coming down to the house are an ongoing issue as well. The leaves land on the driveway along with the pine needles and when it rains they alter the normal water flow patterns. Meaning they cause the roadway to erode and over time wash away. The leaf blower works quite well on those leaves, much easier than the rake.

I spent the last couple days putting up a 10x10 shed in a box. We will see how long it lasts.



It now contains my motorcycle trailer and wood splitter along with the chairs and other patio furniture needing a home for the winter. The shed may not be in it’s permanent home but it will spend the winter there.




Enjoy your week, weather looking good, Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...