Friday, November 5, 2021

Flowers and Food

Carol here ~

Dan decided to go up to South Paris last Friday to get us a flower bouquet for our anniversary. He loaded up to go to the Transfer Station as it was on the way. The Transfer Station attendant told him to stay away from Route 26 as there was some Halloween event happening and traffic was stopped/backed up etc. Okay, says he, we will stop at the florist tomorrow on our way to Vanessa’s. Good idea. We get there, it was closed for renovations. No place open on Sunday. So, Monday off he goes to South Paris to get our overdue bouquet. 



Yesterday, I had a PT appointment in the morning then decided to continue in to Shaw’s. I have only been in a grocery store a couple of times since Covid but needed to go in to be able to read labels. I mostly don’t eat gluten, dairy and egg whites because of food allergies/sensitivities. Nothing life threatening, mostly stomach issues and inflammation. I also keep the sugar consumption as low as possible.

That being said, sometimes I just eat something with one of those ingredients because I have to eat something and need the calories. (I’m down about 12 pounds)

I have been having a hard time with breakfasts. Nothing I used to eat sounds good or it doesn’t agree with me. Oatmeal with blueberries was always my go to breakfast but the last couple times I tried to eat it I ended up with barfy episodes. Can’t even look at it now.

I ended up getting two different cereals. One is definitely gluten free, the other is not but is whole grains, low in sugar and high in protein. We’ll see how my stomach tolerates them.

And that is probably way more info than you need to know about my food issues!

The gold/brown oak leaves are still hanging on so the reflection is still pretty looking up the pond especially with the beautiful blue skies we have had this week.


I am not looking forward to the time change this weekend.  I think falling back is harder to adjust to than springing ahead.  The good thing about it is I can GJ (that is Evan talk for Get Jammied) earlier.  

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...