Wednesday, October 27, 2021

This and That

Carol here ~

Wow, it’s a wild one out there! The wind is coming from the northeast so coming down the pond towards us. The leaves are piling up on the beach again. Can you imagine if this had been snow? I’m not ready for that yet!


Dan made an apple crisp last night, the recipe is called Deep Dish Apple Pie with Candied Crust. This recipe came from his mother, I shared it with you in the past but in case you missed it, you can find it here. He had bought a half gallon of vanilla ice cream a couple of weeks ago but ended up eating all the ice cream before he got around to make the crisp. Oopsie. So, another container of ice cream came home with him from the store ~ the crisp is best warm with the vanilla ice cream.  We rarely have dessert but this one is a special treat in the fall.




I have been wearing the same style of jeans for years ~ Levi’s 505/short. When I needed new ones I could just order them or pick them up when I was shopping, didn’t have to try them on because I knew that style fit me perfectly. I decided it was time for a couple of pair of new ones. In the past, JC Penney and Kohl’s always carried them ~ couldn’t find them in my size, thought it was weird that they only had a few sizes available. It seems Levi’s has discontinued that style. NOOOO! I did end up finding some in my size on Amazon and ordered them. But, next time I need new jeans I will have shop and try on to find a style I like. I am not a shopper.

It has been a quiet week.  No treatment this week and only one PT appointment.  Nice to not have to be going somewhere all the time. 

Enjoy this last week of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...