Monday, October 25, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Sunday evening, from the studio. Was a very nice weekend, quite possibly one of the last for this season.

On Friday Carol and I went to Freeport to watch the final soccer game of the season. It seems that this time of year contains a fair number of lasts. Our last kayak ride was the other day, I don’t think that it was intended to be, but it turned out that it was. The kayaks have been put under the porch to sit out the winter there ~ making the beach quite empty.

Not as empty as the front wall. 



The window boxes were removed and the plants disposed of. They put on a good show for relatively little care. 




The beach filled up with leaves as fall continues my never ending chore of removing leaves from the water. 




The trike was moved to storage, I guess that means that summer is now over. Preparations for hibernation now in full gear.

Thank you all for your opinions on the last blog post. I have decided that #19 is complete as you saw it. 



I left it on the floor for two days and it just screamed at me “I’m done, move on”. So I have. I will stay stitch around it as I have no idea when it will get quilted and cut the binding out of the blue. Move on it said, I have.

#20 as the next project will be known, at least for a while, has begun. There will be more than one block in this top. Not just one block repeated over and over interrupted by sashing strips etc. This is one of them. 



The only one I have visualized so far. I think I like it. It ended up being a 10-1/4” finished block. Weird size but I think I can work with it. I’ll make another and see if they match in size. (they should, right?) I have a few ideas for the other blocks, but the sashing strips and corner stones are still a little fuzzy. If I can come up with something for them the block design may become easier.

It is supposed to rain most of the week so there might well be some daytime sewing taking place. We’ll see. Enjoy the start of your week, I’ll yak at you on Friday hopefully with some progress, or maybe I’ll change my mind. Who knows.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...