Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Reflections

Carol here ~

I am loving this Indian Summer weather! The foliage has been beautiful and the pond has been like glass as there has been almost no wind during these warm autumn days, making for some incredible reflections on the water.

Yesterday Dan headed to Rangeley to help our friend Michelle unload her trailer and set up for Fall Quilt Camp. I had an appointment in the morning and returned home around lunch time. My kayak was calling me ~ there wasn’t a ripple on the pond.

Here is a photo I snapped yesterday am before I headed to my appointment.



Here are a few of the reflection shots I took as I was paddling around the pond.





A couple of foliage shots..




The leaves have started to fall.


Once that starts and the wind picks up they will all be blown down to our beach.  It will then be an almost daily chore of raking them up until the pond freezes over.  Here they have already started to accumulate.



I did see several turtles so they must be enjoying the warm days too.  They were a bit shy, wouldn't let me get close enough for a picture.

We are headed to Topsham this morning for my treatment then back home again, hopefully by early afternoon.  Looks like today and tomorrow are our last days of this warm weather so want to take advantage of it and get a couple more paddles in.

Hope you are able to get out and enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...