Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Dan's Ramblings/Quilting Get-Together

Dan here, no fire tonight. Just got home from the first evening of a fall quilt get together that started last fall and has returned again for this year. We are meeting at a rental home in Casco, Maine. There are 5 others plus Carol and me. 


Carol and I are commuting, as the home is only about 1/2 hour away. With our schedules this year it just worked out better that way.

After getting set up the liquid libations were brought out. Margaritas for most, ginger ale for Carol and hard seltzer for me.



The sewing areas were set up around the perimeter of the living room. 



Some of the set ups being used by the others. 



Oddly this one isn’t mine.


Mine. 


I made a good start on making some headway on the current top. Don’t think that many of the others were as anxious to get started getting something done as I was. I let the ladies visit in the meeting room and catch up after supper while I sewed in the other room. Worked out well for all. They had another margarita with their cookies, but alas, remember I needed to be able to drive home. I will head back in the morning, joined by Carol as she feels up to it. Will keep plugging along and probably do my walk down there as an excuse to get some fresh air and work the kinks out of my shoulders.

I hope you had a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. Enjoy these warm late summer days. Hopefully we won’t get too many hurricane related rainy spells. They tend to get windy. The wind tends to blow over the planters along the retaining wall. They have grown way too tall for the small amount of planter. I drown them on a daily basis to try to keep them heavy enough to stay upright. Works most of the time, and all the water doesn’t seem to hurt the flowers.

I have started to remove some of the overgrowth in the back planter. The tomatoes took over and have been cut back or cut out entirely. The cucumbers were removed and not much remains other than the cleome. The cleome has done absolutely wonderful this year. But it has reached the end of it’s slender.

Fall is about here. Being at the sewing retreat this week I won’t have the time, but next week should see the Cleome disappear along with the rest of what is currently in the planter. This will be replaced with fall mums and asters. Something to extend some color later into the fall.

So enjoy your week, I will. Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...