Friday, September 3, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Thursday evening, no fire tonight, much too windy. Oh well, as soon as I ramble about something I’ll go sew.

Sometimes it is rather difficult to come up with something to talk about. Then I remember how long Seinfeld was on the TV, and remember that was an entire series about nothing. When I think about it, that pretty much describes what happened here at the pond today. Nothing. I got out of bed a little late after sewing until after 1:00 Am. Made brunch of fried potatoes and scrambled eggs accompanied by bacon cooked in the oven. After leaving Carol the left overs for her lunch I went for a walk. That took a little while as I was shooting for a good day because Thursday is end of my walk week. I went about 4-1/2 miles and I will finish the week at around 36 miles. Not too shabby, I’ll take it.
 
The road as I set off on my walk

The sunsets pictures Wednesday night were phenomenal. As they changed over a period of about 5 minutes or so I obtained several great shots. 





I had to go for a walk. As I was writing this ramble about nothing, I received a text from Apple that the new iPad I had ordered for Carol had been delivered. Always troubling to hear as we live at the bottom of the road about 250 yards from the mailbox. Around the corner and up the hill to the mailbox. Around the corner and a long way up the hill to the mailbox. The most troubling part is that the package is not coming by mail. It is to arrive by UPS. This means that they are supposed to deliver it to the house. UPS does not like coming down here to deliver because turning around is very difficult and sometimes even impossible down here at the end of the road at our house. Drivers delivering supplies while we were under construction quickly learned to back down from the top of the hill. Some even walked down. Yes it a pain, but easier than backing up the hill and around the corner. Our UPS driver refuses to do either of these and instead leaves our packages at the top of the hill on top of the mailbox.



Easy pickings for any grab and go thieves. Oh well, I guess it’s hard to get good help. For that matter I guess it’s hard to get help.

I’m making headway on the quilt top, hopefully tomorrow I can get to the storage unit stash and find something to use in place of the green as it gets used up. I must say I am having a ball making the sashing strips with all those little squares and now some half-square triangles have been thrown in. You know, I had to, I mean I had to, I found some ( actually quite a few ) of them in the bin of 1-1/2” squares, they were there, might as well use them up.

Hard to believe, but this weekend is Labor Day weekend. A long weekend for most. Hopefully a safe weekend for all. If traveling, drive safe. Put the phone away when driving, better yet, leave it in your car when you get where you are going. Live in the now, enjoy what’s around you.

And remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...