Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, coming at you from the studio. A storm is coming with rain aplenty, at least I read that somewhere. It was a little windy tonight so I opted to stay in. As you can see it calmed down by dark. 



I enjoyed my time sewing with the others last week, but it seems like everything just works better at home. I made good progress on my top but still have a long way to go. Many, many flying geese to be made along with many, many one inch finished four-patch units. Don’t really matter how many though, I never intentionally put more than two pieces under the presser foot at once anyway. Slow and steady makes the quilt. I ought to put that on a tee shirt. I don’t normally wear tee shirts with lettering on them, but I guess I could make an exception. Anyway, I managed to get half of the required 14” blocks made using the original green fabric. I found another fabric that I am using to make the other ten blocks. The rest of the original green will be used up in the borders. I can’t wait to see what it will look like. I hope I like it. I think I do so far. I fixed the original four-block trial I had assembled and I think the two greens play quite nicely together. 


As I mentioned last time, the Cleome had to go. It was overgrown and had performed well. Well, it is gone now. I went to look at some mums and asters after taking Carol’s car to be serviced. We finally got enough miles on it for it’s first service. Bought it last year about this time, I guess we lucked out. Not a new car for sale on the lot. Scary. Oh yeah, I was telling you about the mums etc. After getting the service performed I continued up Route 4 to look at some plants at a nursery there. Found four larger ones I liked and two smaller ones and figured I would start from there. Was all I could fit in the back of Carol’s car anyway. Seems like they did the trick. 


While I was gone this morning Carol caught some tree trimmers working, well some were I’m sure. About time, they were trimming under and around the power lines. It had been a long time since the last time it was done. 



If we get the two days of predicted rain then I will probably be sewing during the day. Long sewing days usually equals progress. We shall see. Stay dry, enjoy your week, I’ll do my best as well.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

1 comment:

  1. Just love these posts. You are two of the dearest people and how blessed we are to be family. Thanks for allowing us into your lives. Holding you both close in prayer for restored health, peace and calmness of heart and mind. Love your expressions of thanksgiving AND your deightful sense of humor!! Hugs to you both. <3

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...