Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Happy Birthday To Me!

Carol here ~

Yup, today is my birthday. The best part of today is no trip to the oncologist ~ I get a week off from treatment! I am now having one injection every other week and the second injection three weeks on, one week off. They just happen to coincide with each other. I’ve had a rough couple of weeks so hoping this off week gets my feet back under me again.

Dan took off on the trike for a ride yesterday so I grabbed a quilt from the “to be bound” pile and sat out front on the patio stitching the binding down. I believe this quilt is Rona 8, one of the smaller of his Rona quilts. 


 I didn’t intend to bind the whole quilt but it was so nice out there I just kept stitching.


While I was sitting there I had a visitor. The Heron, (or Shitpoke as my Dad called them) swooped in and landed on the beach right in front of me. I didn’t move as I didn’t want to scare him away. We eyeballed each other for a bit then he strolled down the beach. I then stood up to take his picture thinking he’d fly away but he pretty much ignored me.



Vanessa, Kailey and Jakob are coming over today. Not suppose to be sunny but still warm so the kids will be able to swim.

Nothing special planned for today, I have my yearly Sam’s Whoopie Pie ready for my birthday treat. 



I normally don’t eat white flour or sugar so we’ll see how that goes. My stomach has not been cooperating with me at all so might be able to only get a couple bites in.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...