Monday, August 2, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here coming to you fireside Sunday evening. 


The weather man has been postponing the rain all day, first they said rain by 5:00, then later. Now they are saying 9:00 before it gets here. So I said to myself “might just as well have a fire until I get rained out”. I knew it was me cause I was outside all alone and besides I recognized my voice.

So here I am outside by the fire, rambling at anyone that might read this later. That is the thing about this internet stuff, I am writing this now Sunday, August 1, 2021, I have no idea when you may be reading it. It could be tomorrow when Carol first posts it or it could be next month when you stumble on it surfing around the internet. Whenever and however you got here, welcome, I hope you get something out of it at least sometimes. Mostly it’s just me rambling.

I worked some more on Rona 16 or Fairy Stars. Since I rambled last, I put the 1-1/2” finished framing border on to kinda stop all the busy and get ready for the final piano key border. If anyone remembers, the premise behind making this quilt was to use up the pink cutoffs from Rona 15 and use up the piano keys that I had left over from making way too many for Rona 15. I used all the pink cutoffs and needed many more and have used all the leftover piano keys and have had to cut several and am still working on the rest. I think I have figured out what will be the corner stones on the outer border. I just have to see if I can make the 5” block into a 4” block. I think I may be headed there but I will need to actually try to make. I’m sure I’ll figure out something. 


My lily opened it’s final blossom, all ten blossoms were present for one day then the first bloom began to fall apart ending it’s place in the show. 


The cucumbers and tomatoes have taken over the planter. Who needed flowers anyway? The Cleome have turned out to be bee attracters and are keeping everything pollinated. The Cleome are also serving as poles for the cucumbers to climb up. You might say that the Cleome is multitasking.


Still no rain, so much for the weatherman being right. Supposed to rain tomorrow, but who knows.

Enjoy your week, I will, and remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.



 

2 comments:

  1. I have 504 inch pinwheels if you want cornerstones ever, all trimmed and matching. Just saying.... you taught me well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is 4 inch pinwheels....50 of them

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...