Monday, August 16, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Sunday evening, still waiting to see if the wind dies down enough for a fire. I’ll give it another hour then will head up to the studio. Would rather sit by the fire for a couple hours first. Guess I was not given a vote of when the wind dies down, or else I would have said by 6:00. Good time to be calm ~ good time to be heading outside for the evening. The winds are dying so guess by the time I’m through rambling it will be calm enough for a fire, albeit a bit chilly out.

Not been much going on here, we have pretty much hunkered down again, going out when we need to, otherwise staying close to home. My walking challenge continues. At the end of last week on Thursday I was at 1441 miles since 12/31/2020. I haven’t done the math to see if I’ll make it to 2021 by 12/31/21, time will tell. When I checked on Thursday, since 8/19/2020 I have walked 2174 miles, I’ll take it. 



Scary though when you think about it. I walk between 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 miles per hour. 2174 miles represents 290 hours if I use an average 2-3/4 mph, 2174 miles means I spent about 790 hours or about 33 full days walking. No wonder I’m always tired.

On another subject. I am deep into making parts and pieces for the next quilt project. I found this bag of 3” squares and began to work from there. 


The 3” squares are being cut into 2-1/8” flying geese wings, centers for 2” square-in-a-square units and 2-1/4” squares to make up triangles for more 2” square squared units. Have two blocks done but am still daydreaming about how to tie them together. I have no doubt I will figure out something, just no idea what yet. I think I’ll try to get a few more blocks complete before I show you. Only trouble is that with thirty two 1”x 2” flying geese and eight 2” square squared units (among other pieces) in each block, blocks are time consuming to put together.

Little later, from the fire. 



I managed to go outside for a fire after all. It calmed down quite nicely. 



Very quiet evening, there was some laughing from up on the side of the pond earlier, as others enjoyed the beautiful evening. Now all is quiet. I will watch the fire die down as I listen to my book then I will go inside and continue assembling pieces and trimming them…..



I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are ready for a new week, we have never had this one before and will never have it again, so enjoy it. I will.

So remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...