Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Tuesday evening, by the fire. Little bit of a breeze, hopefully enough to keep the skeeters away.

There are two Loons still out on the pond fishing. I was thinking earlier that they must eat whatever they get before they come up, because I never see them eating anything. With the amount of times they dive down I hope they are catching something, but if they were to catch something every time, where do they put it all? And while we are on the topic, when the fish eating ducks are on the pond what is their success ratio of catches to dives? If they are 50% successful, how are there any fish left in the pond? Just little things I wonder about while I go through my busy days.

Today was different. I had to take my truck to the dealers because the air conditioner was blowing only warm air. I agree this is Maine, and warm air is handy a good part of the time, however, cold air is appreciated this time of the year. 10:00 until 2:00 waiting for diagnosis and repair. Managed to be under warranty, no not the warranty that they call everyday to get me to extend, the regular old factory one. Must say though if it wasn’t for the warranty calls it’s doubtful my phone would ever ring. Which is ok with me. What I had for a walk today was walking around the parking lot multiple times listening to a book. (about 3 miles or so)

I have not been walking as much during the last couple of weeks as I was. Hopefully, I remember on Thursday to pull some numbers so I can figure out where I am in my 2021 mile goal. I would like to get back on track, when it’s hot I just need to remember to go earlier in the day.

I did see these recently on my walk, I have no idea what the different fungi are but they were cool to observe. On some you could see where the rodents had nibbled on them. I wondered if the mushrooms are a food source or were the bite marks made by hippie rodents, and they were looking for a pick me up.


They seem to come in all shapes and sizes. 


I got really low to the ground for this one, I honestly expected to see a gnome underneath it. 


My planter garden is out of control. 




The twine I used on the tomatoes broke and the tomatoes splayed out over the rest of the plants. Carol’s Cleome have done unbelievable this summer. The cucumbers have climbed them out of control. The only bad part is Carol is the primary cucumber and tomato eater of us both. They, like many foods just do not appeal to her right now. It was fun watching them grow though. I can see Mums arriving before fall gets too far along. I can see the time when I will clean up the planter and replant with fall flowers. Hard to believe that time is rapidly approaching. That only means that colder weather will be upon us soon.

Enjoy the rest of your week, I have started on some ideas on the next quilt top. I will continue on it for a while before sharing it with you. I will say I see a lot of small squares and flying geese floating around my table. Hopefully they like each other and are willing to grow into something bigger.

So until Carol does her thing on Friday, have fun, I will. Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...