Monday, July 5, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, Happy Independence Day weekend. Hope you are having a safe holiday weekend, for many the official kickoff of summer. A rather cold weekend here at the pond.

When it wasn’t raining, the cooler temperatures made walking a lot more comfortable than last week. But hey, it’s summer, warm weather will return. I am not by the fire this Sunday evening. While it is not raining anymore, everything is wet and it is quite chilly out still. There are fireworks being set off in several locations around the ponds in the area. Here is my view from up in the quilt studio.



Today, with a lot of assistance from Carol, I managed to get the door quilt loaded onto Lena Longarm. Quilted it and it is off and trimmed. 





I’ve cut the binding and will work this evening on getting it and the sleeve ready for Carol or I to sew on tomorrow. Hopefully just in time for the weather to warm up again.

Here is my current project which I guess started as a Rona quilt, but thinking I’m completing it as a named addition to the “Can I use up the Scraps” series. I’m going to call it “Fairy Stars”. 


The sashing/border print has several fairies almost hidden in the swirls of blue on the off white background. It is coming along but still needs many more blocks to be made or to put it another way, there are still many more scraps to cut up and sew together before I’m finished. 

The limited plantings I have here have loved the rain. The cucumbers and the tomatoes are doing great, almost starting to take over the planter. Hopefully, it won’t be too long before Carol can get some of her salad fixings right here at home.



Well, off to sew and take advantage of being inside for a change in the evening. Enjoy the return of summer weather, and remember where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...