Wednesday, July 7, 2021

More Summer Fun!

Carol here ~

Dan’s flower boxes of SunPatiens along the front retaining wall are finally filling in and showing off. Look how beautiful they are!



Yesterday, Vanessa and Jakob came over along with Vanessa’s sister-in-law Amy, her two kiddos Lincoln and Marin and mother-in-law Candy. It was a swimmingly good day for them to be here. Jakob just got new googles like Lincoln’s and Marin’s. He is a bit hesitant about trying new things and had never really “gone under” before. It was so cute ~ Marin was instructing him on how to use the googles and by the end of the day he was going completely under water.



Vanessa and Amy kayaked around the pond.



Dan made a fire for S’mores.


This happened last night! My first time on the pond since April! YAY!


I got the OK from the spine surgeon last Friday. He said to just remember to take things slow as many muscles have not been used for a long time. I didn’t do any paddling, just sat there, but it sure was nice! I told PT my goal was to kayak again so we are working on lower back and shoulder/upper back strength. I’m getting there ~ slow but sure!

So now I am down to my weekly oncology appointment and two PT appointments each week.  I got most of my PT appointments in the morning so to have the rest of the day open.  Let me know if you would like to stop by!

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...