Monday, May 3, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Has been very windy here, does not really make much difference but when I go for my walk it’s hard to judge what to wear for clothes.

Speaking of my walks, they have been going on schedule. Last Thursday ended week 17 for the year. So far I have walked 841.7 miles with 180 miles in the bank for rainy days.

There is a spot on my walk where there seems to be a lot of wildlife. I’ve seen fox, deer, porcupine and an abundance of birds. The other day I heard a bird call and thought it sounded like a cardinal. I like to whistle and mimic the bird calls, so I started answering it’s call. We talked back and forth. He probably had more of an idea what we were talking about then I did, but like with most conversations, that didn’t stop us and we talked on. I finally got my new friend to come close enough that I could see who I was talking to. Sure enough it was a male cardinal, beautiful as ever. I recorded him and his song. Be sure to turn up your volume.


Later walking back by the same spot I used his recorded call to lure him back in again. On another pass through the area I had a conversation with a tufted titmouse and again called him in pretty close. It’s fun.

Finally found some pink Mayflowers.


I like them better than the white ones. I hope I can still say that. I’ll probably have a bunch of white Mayflowers picketing the house once this blog gets out. I hope they are not violent.

Saw these on my walk recently as well. 





The single was cool but the fungi appeared to have taken over the taller tree. I think these are bracket fungi. Cool stuff to see when you keep your eyes open.

I had to go check out Carol’s turtles since she can’t get up the pond that far. 



Oldest Grandson, Evan, won first place in the NAGA (North America Grappling Association), 16-17 year old division. Proud grandparents.



Till next time, have fun I try to, and remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...