Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here, all is well here on the pond. Monday was quite chilly and breezy. Well not really breezy, it was down right windy. Even Winnie the Pooh would have thought it was more than blustery. The wind the last couple of days have blown a decent amount of debris to clean off the beach. Again.


Might get to it later today. Or not, time will tell.

I walked around the pond yesterday with daughter Erin. 



 We found a few Mayflowers on our journey. 



The only animals we saw were the usual abundance of chipmunks and squirrels. The vast numbers of the rodents is amazing. Does anyone else have them everywhere? Do you just ignore them, eat them or what?

Woodpile has been relocated for anyone that was concerned about it’s progress. I ended up with two round woodpiles out of it. I have now started picking up fallen limbs and branches and filling barrels for fire starters in the fire pit. I have had a few calm enough evenings for a fire but not the last few nights. If the wind calms down at all, it is usually late in the evening.

For Christmas, daughter Erin gave me more of the solar landscape glowing balls. I already had several that still work fine from previous years so now I have an abundance of them lining the front retaining wall and property line.



They are pretty to watch as they change their color every few seconds. They have actually held up quite well.

Rona 16 contains lots of repetition, as I guess most traditional quilts do, even sewing 4-5 hours a night, progress is slow.



Carol is mending slowly, hopefully she’ll have something to talk about on Friday.

So have fun, I try to and remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Your finished squares are beautiful. Wishing Carol the very best in her recovery.
    And, yes, the wind this week has been downright blustery. Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...