Monday, March 15, 2021

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

The temperature has plummeted. I kind of expected it to, the 50 degrees of Thursday and Friday was much to good to last. Yesterday was cold and very windy, today is not supposed to get out of the teens and stay very windy.



Will be very cold walking today. Carol stated she will get her steps walking around inside the house. My walk today will be brought about by a decision to walk, not a desire to get out for fresh air. Not raining, no bugs, guess I’ll survive.

Carol has been keeping Lena busy this weekend. I’m sure she will tell you all about it on Wednesday.

I have been plugging away on Rona 14 and it is coming along quite nicely. I think I am going to really like this one. I had to change the design from what I had originally decided on. I had no choice. That is what sometimes happens when I attempt to design around what I have for fabric in the stash. I had to eliminate the sashing and cornerstones around the perimeter and make the border narrower. These changes allowed me to keep the rest of the design and have enough fabric to finish. (I hope) If all goes well I should have top together and tell you more than you want to know about it on Friday. Stay tuned. A few teaser pictures of some pieces. 

Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts

Carol and I are doing the happy dance!!! We are supposed to be getting haircuts today. A hair dresser friend of Terri’s (Carol’s sister) is coming to the house to do us all. It has been quite a while (last was an outside cut on Veteran’s Day). Good thing, I was about to go at it in earnest with my beard trimmer and shave it off. I will admit I have been keeping it trimmed off my ears. It would really be a pain if my hair was as curly as it was when I was younger.  Guess it was longer then as well.

Erin and Dan 1977 


Stay safe, enjoy your week.

Remember, where ever you go, there you are, if I’m supposed to meet you there and you get there first, draw a blue line where we planned to meet. If I get there first, I’ll rub it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...