Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Martha's Quilt

Carol here ~

After we received Lena Longarm's part and installed it, I loaded one of Dan’s smaller tops (Rona 9) to make sure she was happy and wanted to work.

Everything went well. I used a basic Digitized Edge to Edge pattern from Urban Elementz called COOL BEANS. 

Digitized


This pattern stitches out beautifully and quickly, and I love the name of it. I will probably use this same pattern on Rona 9’s twin, Rona 8.

Quilts


Once I knew Lena was working I loaded my friend Martha’s quilt. Oh, how I love this quilt! The perfect colors to cheer you up and give you hope that spring is coming. Martha said the block is called BOARDWALK. I’m thinking a good name for the quilt would be SPRINGTIME ON THE BOARDWALK.

Quilt


Martha chose the Digitized Edge to Edge pattern called SPRING FLOWERS from Wasatch Quilting, a nice compliment to the spring-y, happy fabrics. 

Quilts


This pattern is fairly complex and takes a while to stitch out a row but worth it as it gives the quilt wonderful texture. It is always fun to see how Lena (the computer) stitches these patterns out ~ what you think is the thread path usually is not what it actually is at all.

Quilts


Martha plans on finishing her quilt with one the green fabrics for the binding. Can’t wait to see a photo of it on her bed!

Quilts


I had planned on more quilting yesterday but…holy windy day!! It was crazy here. I decided no quilting was to happen as I did not want to loose power in the middle of a row. I did get Dan’s Rona 8 loaded so will be ready to go when this wind dies down.

Scrap Quilts

In other news, Dan and I are scheduled for our first Covid19 vaccine shot today!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...