Thursday, January 7, 2021

Rona 9 In Progress

Dan here ~

I am currently still working with orphan blocks and small partially completed blocks and units. I am having fun and using up quite a few pieces of scrap.

Scrap

Unfortunately, if I were to tell the truth, although I am using up quite a few pieces of scrap, the bins don’t appear to be receding very fast. 

For Rona 9 I am continuing in the same pattern as Rona 8 of putting 3” finished orphan blocks on point and framing them.  Then I am taking 4-1/2” finished orphan blocks and framing them.

Scrap


Many of the 3” blocks I was not really that pleased with, but adopting my friend Bonnie Hunter’s mantra, “better done than perfect”, I used them. When I had tried to trim the 3” blocks to fit a 4” square-in-a-square center, I lost my outer points. I did my best and came up with several that I could live with. 

Scraps


I found other 3” blocks that had no outer points and began using them.

Scraps


On my walk today I came up with an idea for third block I will introduce into the mix. This will allow me to use some of the many 3” finished V-block star blocks that are currently living in the scrap bins. 

Scraps

I’ll try tonight and hopefully have a couple done so I can tell you about them next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...