Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Winter?

Carol here ~

Okay, what's with the weather?  We have absolutely no snow.  Very strange for the end of December.

We gifted four of our family members with snowshoes for Christmas thinking it would be a fun thing to do together, yet apart.  Doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon.

Here's our grands at our Garage Christmas ~

Grands
Parker, Evan, Kailey, Jakob

Certainly not our usual day together but at least we got to see each other for a little while.


Then I thought maybe the ponds will freeze over and we'll have skating.  (well, not this old Mamie, I'll make the hot chocolate).  This is what the pond looked like on Sunday ~

Ice

Maybe? If we get some cold weather?

This is what it looked like yesterday ~ 

Ice

Looks like water, well I guess it is ~ on top of the thin layer of ice.  Might have to get my kayak out pretty soon!

I guess it's a good thing I have quilting projects.  I am working on Michelle's "Best of the 60's" Mystery.  Remember I talked about it the other day?  Click here if you want to read that post.

I have completed the first three clues (named after songs of the 60's)

  • Sitting By The Dock Of The Bay
  • One Fine Day
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Mystery

I am working on Clue #4 ~ I Want To Hold Your Hand ~ didn't get it quite finished, will get it completed today.

Mystery

It's a really fun project ~ there is still time for you to join in!

Dan has started on his 'Rona 8 quilt while waiting for fabric to finish up 'Rona 7.  I'm hoping he has plans on making this smaller than 7.  It is HUGE.  Custom quilting would really enhance the piecing on this one but...NO WAY!  After free motioning a couple projects last week I quickly remembered why I added the computerized system to Lena.  My back just can't take it anymore, at least not right now.  

Hopefully, the part that needs repairing on my robotics will be taken care of quickly and get sent back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...