Wednesday, December 16, 2020

What I'm Working On

Carol here ~

This is what the pond looked like yesterday morning. BRRRRR! 

Pond


The wind howled all day. I whined about getting my walk in but I got-r-done! Couldn’t wait to get back home for a cup of tea and stitching in the Quilting Loft.

I’ve been able to putter on a few things since my wrist mishap. I can now do some cutting and pinning with that hand ~ still have to wear the brace for another three weeks.  ugh.

I was able to finish up the Christmas stockings for the three new great-nephews. 

quilting


Remember I talked about them and where to get the pattern here. I had one done and the other cut out when I hurt my wrist. I was able to finish the second one OK but Dan had to cut out the third one for me. I was just about done piecing it when great-nephew #3 for 2020 arrived so was able to get his name on right away.

I also made us a couple of holiday masks, that’s about as much Christmas spirit as I have. (I am not a Christmas-y person)

Quilting


I have joined Michelle Hiatt’s Sew on the Go Mystery Series. It is called BEST OF THE 60’S with the focus on all the units and blocks that can be made with Studio 180’s Star 60 Tool. 

Mystery


There are two options to join the fun

  • Clue Membership ~ downloadable clues (instructions) on all 24 clues
  • Clue & Class ~ downloadable clues and online weekly videos which will walk you through step-by-step through the weeks technique and construction.
Both the Clue and the Class are fab! Michelle is the best pattern writer I know and her videos are very professional and informative.

I am familiar enough with the Studio 180 tools that I could certainly make the block from written instructions but the extra tips Michelle shares in her videos make the Clue and Class membership a great value.

Oh and the fun part? Each clue is the name of a song from the 60’s. Last week I had “Dock of the Bay” in my head, this week it’s “One Fine Day”.

Hey man, it’s a gas!  

Here are my first two blocks.

Quilting

 

There is still time for you to join the fabulous mystery and get your groove going.

Click here to visit Michelle’s website to find out more.

I have this quilt ready to load on Lena Longarm, hoping to do that today.

Quilts

 I am trying to decide which digitized pattern to use ~

Deep Blue Sea?


Or Moulin-Rouge?



Which one do you think I should use?

3 comments:

  1. like both quilting patterns but like the spikey parts of Moulin Rouge,reminds me of your stars exploding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that one too, it is the pattern on the quilt on our bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Milan rouge too. I like the "randomness " of it combined with the consistency of the stars. Sorry to hear about your wrist! Hang in there anc enjoy the snow!😁❄️🎄

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...