Wednesday, December 30, 2020

I Love My Hat

Dan here ~

Today I am thinking about a song from the 60’s from Donavan, an English folk singer. He sang a song about how much he loved various articles of his wardrobe, his shirt, shoes etc.

You can listen to the song here ~


Well 35 plus years or so ago I received a hat at Christmas from my brother and sister-in-law that came from LL Bean. I have worn it every year since then, and it looks it. 

Hat

The hat is starting to disintegrate. I thought at one time of taking it back to Beans and saying I needed to return it because it was starting to fade. 

Hat

Hat


But much like Donavan and his blue jeans, even though they became faded, he loved them still. Same with me and the hat. I tried another. It looked the same. It just wasn’t the same. 

Yes the color was different ~ I could have lived with that. It just did not fit the same. I tried LL Bean but they no longer carry the same hat. I am fairly sure that I am probably the only one that would really love to have another one just like the other one. Alas, it is not to be. 

Over the last several years I have looked for another hat to try and fall in love with ~ hopefully, before this one completely falls apart. So far nothing I’ve seen or tried on meets the needs of my head. I will keep looking. Thankfully, I have little need to go out in public in these crazy times.

Around the pond I wear my other “winter hat”. Not the greatest hat to wear to the store, but works well on my walks. 

Hat


Going to the store people will have to see me in my old favorite. So far no one has called me out on the faded, torn and obviously worn out hat. Carol has her doubts, but I think I can get at least this season out of the hat. Maybe even next year too, time will tell.

Tuesday has come and gone ~ my fabric I ordered to complete 'Rona 7 did not arrive.  It better show up today if I am going to finish it in 2020.  Fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...