Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Daily Walks

Dan here ~

While on one of my many walks, I was walking as I often do with my eyes open to what I see around me. I noticed something on part of a maple tree that had blown down during one of our recent wind storms. 

Walk
See all the holes?


It almost looks like the woodpecker was trying to make a cribbage board. 

The next question my head goes to is who was he going to play cribbage with? Just kidding, my question was, did the woodpecker make all the holes at once or did they keep coming back to this tree and continue with the pattern and make all the holes over time. 

I can’t imagine it all happening at once, there are a lot of holes. Any woodpecker gurus out there? 

The other day as Carol and I went on our morning walk after a heavy rain storm, we were impressed with how the intermittent brook was happily bubbling along, singing it’s way down into the woods.



I googled up the definition of "babbling brook" and this is what came up ~

"A brook's water flows and constantly traps the air into bubbles. The bubbles immediately emerge at the surface where they are bursting. The bursting of the bubbles produces a sound that we call babbling or murmur"

It is such a soothing sound, I guess that is why it is included as white noise for sleep or focus.

Scrap Quilt

Am almost complete with 'Rona 7, at least up to the border. The border could take some time as I am still playing around with some ideas. The ideas are all still in my head and no fabric has been sacrificed to see if they will work… yet. They are bouncing around in there as I assemble the rest of the top. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...