Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Family Stuff

Carol here ~

Vanessa, Kailey and Jakob came over for a visit on Friday.  We had been told by up the pond neighbors that there were baby green herons on the pond.  We have only seen the two adults.  Vanessa and the kids took off in the kayaks hoping to catch a glimpse of them.


They saw no babies but they did see one of the adults.

Jakob swam by himself as no one else wanted to go in.  


The water has cooled off considerably but he didn't seem to mind.

I got the tote bag made for grandson Parker that I mentioned last time.  I used the pattern STAND'N STOW from Atkinson Designs.


I have made so many of these bags in the past, meaning at least six years ago.  So, I found fabric (leftover from the back of Evan's graduation quilt), we went out to storage to get the Peltex, looked for the fusible fleece, couldn't find it so figured it was at the house somewhere.  Nope, couldn't find it here either.  I didn't need much so managed to find some scraps in a bin with leftover fleece and peltex.

Started cutting out the bag, got it all cut out before I realized I was making the large size.  All the other ones I have made have been the medium.  Oh well, sure it would be fine.

Got a good start on it last week then planned to finish it up on Saturday morning as we were seeing Erin on Sunday so she could take the bag to Parker.

Grrrr.  After a broken needle, dealing with birds nests on the bottom thread etc. I finally finished it about 3:00.  

It did come out good.


HAHA, Parker gave it two thumbs up.




Grandson Evan headed back to college on Sunday.  He had some totes with some of his college stuff stored in our shed so we met him and Erin at his dorm and helped him get settled. (USM Gorham)

Here's his bed with his graduation quilt, FAO the bear and Ali Gator.


Both FAO and Ali have been to the Mamie Hospital in the past.



Yesterday I decided it was time to get Lena Longarm cleaned and working again.  Dusted, wiped her down, oiled her and gave her a new needle.  Loaded quilt 2024-15 on her and we are ready to go later this morning.


Happy September!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...