Friday, September 6, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening, too tired for a fire. Carol got me out of bed this morning with a call from the tractor people. They were coming to pick it up and take it in for some service and adding cab headlights. I hated to loose it because Fall is when it gets used a lot. Just yesterday, neighbor Jeff and I took ten or eleven loads of twigs and pine cones and other debris that built up 6’-10’ out in the water at the end of the beach. I hauled them up back and deposited them in the woods where I put all the dang leaves. That is another thing I use the tractor for this time of year. Hopefully it will be back before I need it for that.

I continue to clean up down and dead trees around the area. As I showed you last time the wood pile is getting quite large. I added about 3/4 of a cord since then and have to say it is about as big as it needs to get. Luckily, the area where I have been getting my wood for the fire is about empty, so I will begin filling that up as I accumulate more wood. I should be able to fit a little over a cord there. I’ll empty the wood box next as it is easier to bring the wood down with the tractor and not the truck. Hopefully the tractor won’t be gone too long, time will tell.

Today Carol and I went to Dixfield for grandson Parker’s first soccer game of the season. With any luck they will continue with the same results for the rest of the season. They won by the score of 11 to 0. Parker scored several of the goals. There is still a lot about the game I don’t really understand but it looks like they are having fun. 





In the studio I am plugging away on #22 for 2024. Two blocks this time.



The punch for this one comes in the changing of the background color for several blocks. 

It did not rain much at all this week. Not like they alluded to in early forecasts from last week. Therefore, I did not get #22 finished. (really did not think I would). The majority of the blocks are complete and I have started the assembling process. I personally prefer to make the units and blocks more than assembling the top. Anyone else like that? That may be a reason why I sometimes end up with way too many of some units. I guess that coupled with the fact I hate counting, but I make it work out in the end. I’m a believer that it always works out in the end. If it isn’t working out, it must not be the end. I should have it done by next week at least.

The weekend is upon us again. Time to begin thinking about getting those end of season chores done. Maybe a little early but I find I need to think about them for a longer period of time than I used to. Most projects seem to take me longer than they used to as well, so I will need to get started before I run out of procrastination time.

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend. Work on a fall project or sit in a chair and read a book. Your choice. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...