Friday, June 14, 2024

This and That

Carol here ~

Here is granddaughter Kailey's latest creation that she designed and made in her fine metals class, a hummingbird necklace. She is so talented!


She will be taking a workshop for animation for a week next month at the Maine College of Art & Design (Meca) in Portland.
On my way home from my oncology appointment on Wednesday afternoon the sky was black ahead of me.  I was hoping I wasn't driving into a storm.  I would of if I hadn't gotten held up in construction in Lisbon, thank goodness, because I must of drove into Auburn just as the storm had passed through.  The road was flooded in multiple places and the ground was white with hail.

No traffic lights were working.  I must say though that all the drivers were respectful and cautious, everyone treated the intersections as four-way stops which kept the traffic moving right along.

We have had a muskrat swim across our end of the pond at just about suppertime every day.  He is usually swimming from left to right but he faked us out last night by swimming right to left.  Sneaky little guy!

Lena and I quilted 2024-13 and we're ready to get to #14 which will happen next week if the temp's get into the 90's as predicted.  I can only stand so much heat so might need to come in to quilt and cool off.  So thankful we have A/C.

2024-13

Here is the weekly beach report ~ it's growing! Dan got it raked up yesterday.


Can't believe how fast the water is going down.  Sounds like we will be enjoying it next week!

Have a good weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...