Friday, May 31, 2024

This and That

Carol here ~

I loaded quilt #12 on Lena the first of the week and got started with the quilting, finished it up yesterday.  Haven't taken it off the frame yet but it's done.

2024-12

The most exciting thing that happened this week was we got a new countertop ice maker.  Our old one hadn't died yet but we figured was close as it was moaning and groaning and making an awful racket.

The new one has a handle so it will be easier for me to move around.


There is a group on Facebook called the Dull Women's Group.  I am not a member but it occasionally shows up in my feed.  The ladies introduce themselves and tell why they are dull.  They also include their shoe size and if they like bananas. I know, weird.

Anyway, I decided I am definitely a dull woman if I think getting a new ice maker is exciting.  I'm OK with that.

Dan came with me to my oncology appointment on Wednesday because we wanted to come home through Lisbon and stop at the Furniture Super Store.  We are looking for a swivel chair to replace the Canadian Glider in the corner of the living room.


We want swivel because there are so many times when sitting there that you want to look out at something on the pond and either almost break your neck trying to see or you have to stand up to see.

We found one we both really like but it was kinda pricey so we are thinking about it.  

The Lady Slippers are here.  There are several on Memory Lane and many up on the ridge.




We are getting a beach!


Water is going down a bit more every day.

I will leave with this photo of great niece Annie and her bullfrog. She is quite the frog and turtle catcher.



Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...