Friday, March 1, 2024

Ta-Da!

Carol here ~

Lena Longarm and I have finished up the quilting on all 45 of Dan's 2023 quilts. Yay! We quilted #44 and #45 this week.

#44 is very spring-y looking so I found a digitized pattern called BUTTERFLY BLOSSOMS that was perfect for this quilt.


2023-44

I loaded #45 on Lena Wednesday, got it about half done using the ABUNDANT FEATHERS pattern.  Figured I'd finish it up on Thursday BUT we lost power sometime in the early morning hours.  Usually when we loose power down here it is off for quite some time but it came back on about 10:30 so got back to quilting after lunch.  Finished it!

2023-45

So, here is where we are at with 2023 quilts ~

All 45 are quilted

33 are bound and washed

8 have the binding attached to the front, needs to be hand stitched to the back and washed

4 need the binding made, attached to the front, hand stitched to the back and washed.

12 were gifted.

Looks like I will have plenty of bindings to work on when sitting out front on the patio this summer.

Last Saturday I attended a baby shower for niece Katie. (daughter of Dan's sister Carol)  SIL Lori picked me up, we went early to meet up with her two girls and two granddaughters for lunch before the shower.

Vanessa and Erin met us at the shower.  Here is a group photo of the family.


L-R Lori, cousin Chris, niece Elise with baby Margot, niece Katelyn with Isabel, Me, Vanessa hiding behind me, Erin, niece Katie with her little guy Gio, niece Becky with Alex and Josh, SIL Carol.

It was great to see them all even though we didn't get to visit much with Becky and Katie as they were busy shower-ing.

Here are a couple photos I took ~

Katelyn and Izzy

Lori and Margot

It was a lovely day but I was some kinda happy to crawl in bed Saturday night!

Happy March 1st ~ it's a cold one this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...