Friday, February 9, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening again. Where does the time go? Not much happening around here. 

We may have to give up on feeding the birds. We enjoy them, but there are too many other animals that want in on the free meal. There are so many deer tracks out front on the pond, it appears that they apparently had quite the party the other night. I haven’t seen them again down here at this end of the pond. I could see the first night where they emptied one feeder and have been chowing down on the neighbors shrubbery. Tracks everywhere.

The deer are no way near the nuisance that the raccoon are. The other night there were three raccoons out there cleaning up everything they could find. They came back later and pulled down one of the suet and munched out a while on it. I was surprised they did not haul it off to finish later. I think the mice and moles cleaned it up the next night. I buy the seed for the birds. Oh well time will tell.

Quilt #4 for 2024 was completed last weekend. I again used two of the 6” blocks as before. When I made a rough drawing in EQ8, my quilt design program, I saw that a cool secondary pattern was available so I chased the design. The design got lost with the scraps for blocks and the green sashing with the orange stars was just too much.

2024-4


Not a total disaster, but not what I had envisioned either.

So, for #5 for 2024 I decided to chase the secondary design. I saw immediately that I needed to get rid of a lot of the green and lighten up the orange. I looked through my stash here at the house and came up with this. 

2024-5


As you can see, there is less of the green and I lightened up the orange by switching to yellow for the stars. I think that the changes I made from #4 to #5 made all the difference, I like it much better now.

The weather this weekend is supposed to be quite warm. Carol is already talking about binding out by the pond. I think she’s crazy, but after almost 60 years hanging around with me anything is possible. 

Enjoy your weekend, they are calling for temps in the 50's here. Crazy weather, probably get two feet of snow on my birthday. Oh yeh, that’s mid April. You guessed it… time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...