Friday, February 2, 2024

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening. The weather has been a bit chilly the last few nights. I haven’t done much outside lately~too cold, too lazy. 

I have been doing more clean up in the quilting loft and making, what I call “building materials”. These are the 4-patches I make in various sizes, half square triangles and currently various versions of 6” finished blocks using them. Then once I have decided on a design for a top I just paw through the pile for the colors and combinations needed and get started.

Two nights ago I decided on the layout for top #4 for 2024. A quick count showed I needed a few more of a the two style of blocks I had chosen to use. Very quickly, I was making whatever else was needed to create the larger block I was planning to use. The next night I was on to the sashing strips etc. Hopefully, by tomorrow night the top will be complete. Then the process will begin again. The whole process happens much quicker when I have the building materials on hand.

We have had some construction happening at the next door neighbors. They had a rather large oak stump removed and a large holding tank set back in the location. 



A large step up for them and an improvement for the small area we live in. Last night when I took the trash out to the shed I felt pretty special having this arch to travel under on my to get there. It gave a whole special feeling to taking out the trash.



We needed to go into town (Lewiston) to pick up something this afternoon so had an early supper at Ninety Nine Restaurant. Adequate as usual. We were early for us old folks, but other old timers continued to roll in as we ate. 

After supper we went to Target. I can honestly say that unless Carol needs something that can only be obtained there, I never plan to return. I will not, unless as a last resort, shop where they provide no checkouts. If you want me to do your employees work then I want a 50% discount for doing check out myself. After all you saved salary, unemployment, benefits, insurance etc. by my doing their job. Reward me for it then or I will shop elsewhere.

I don’t see any major weather in our near future, but you never know. Only time will tell. Enjoy your weekend, I don’t care if it snows but I’m sick of the rain.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...