Friday, January 19, 2024

What I've Been Doing

Carol here ~ 

BRRR!  We're finally getting January weather.  That's OK, would rather have the cold than the mess we had last week.

I'm getting to be a wimpy winter driver, I had Dan drive me to my oncology appointment in Topsham last week.  It was the day after all the rain/flooding and I was a bit leery on how the roads would be.  They were fine, I could have handled it on my own.

I have been getting my walks in most days.  See that red button on my jacket?


That means my heated jacket is on HIGH.  Best invention ever!
My up the pond neighbor Ginny attends the Friday Open Sew at Oxford Mill End Store which is about 10 minutes from here.  I have thought about going a couple times but didn't want to schlep all my quilting stuff out there.  Well, I decided it would be a good place to work on all my bindings so joined Ginny and several other ladies for the morning last week.  Stitched three sides of the quilt, then finished it up over the weekend.


2023-29

I've also quilted #33

2023-33

and #34.  Didn't get a picture of it after I quilted it.

2023-34

Yesterday I got #35 loaded onto Lena, will work on it over the weekend.

2023-35


I'm going to have plenty of bindings ready to work on.

We're past the half way mark for January.  Why does January seem to take so long to get through?  Wish the summer months dragged by as slow as this month!

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...