Wednesday, July 5, 2023

This and That

Carol here ~

Hope you all had a safe and happy holiday weekend.


Some activity around the pond but not too much, I'm sure the weather kept some home.  Neighbor Jeff had family visit, they seemed to be having a good time swimming in the pouring rain on Monday.

Growing up here on the pond we were always finding little turtles about the size of a fifty cent piece.  At some point years ago bass fish were introduced to the pond.  They eat the baby turtles so haven't seen one in years.

The other day I was headed inside from the front patio.  I looked down and saw this.


Have no idea where he came from, there was a cobweb on his back, maybe he had been under the steps?


He was headed for Green Pond so I helped him onto the beach and he took off to the water.  I'm sure he didn't last long before a bass had him for lunch, poor little dude.  

I finished up the binding on Dan's 2023-20 quilt.

2023-20

2023-20

I have now finished the bindings on the quilts that were quilted.  I think I have four more that have not been quilted yet so guess I will have to get started on them.

Dan did finish the piecing on the "surprise" quilt we are making, Lena and I got it quilted and I have started the binding.  Should be able to show you in a couple of weeks.

I am seeing blue sky and sunshine out my windows!  I need to get my chores done so I can get out and enjoy.  Hope you can too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...