Friday, May 26, 2023

This and That

Carol here ~

This past Sunday we headed to Rangeley again to take a truckload up to daughter Erin who has just moved into an apartment.


Dan hooked up her washer/dryer for her and hung some curtain rods etc.  The stove is not working properly so the owner is paying for a new one for her. (she got it last night) I think she has about everything she needs now except for the extra TV we have that we will take up to her next weekend.  
Tuesday evening we went to Readfield to Humanities Night at Maranacook Community High School.  


Granddaughter Kailey had artwork displayed plus she performed in the jazz band, playing the bass guitar.




As you can see she is really into birds right now!

She did an awesome job playing her guitar.  This is what her mother had to say ~

So FRICKIN proud of this kid! She did so good tonight. I said,”I’m so proud of you!” And she said, “me too!” And that is 100% worth the irritatingness of driving her to school at 7am while I’m in the middle of trying to get ready for work! ♥️♥️

Photo by Vanessa

The lilacs are blooming ~ they are my favorite flower! We have a couple bouquets in the house, the smell is heavenly.  


The Lady Slippers are also starting to bloom.  Saw this one on my walk the other day.


The wind has been relentless so decided yesterday was a good day to make a batch of bread.


That kept me busy most of the morning.

Good weather predicted for the weekend, hopefully the wind will die down a bit so I can get out in my kayak.

Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend as we remember those who bravely gave their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...