Friday, May 19, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Thursday evening already. Boy doesn’t Mother Nature want to keep us on our toes this season. I suppose there needs to be something different about every season. First it’s warm, then it’s cold. On my Facebook memories today I found a picture of a lady slipper. It was still all green and had not really blossomed yet, I have not seen anything like it this year. I will say I miss the things I used to see as I spent 2-3 hours walking down the dirt roads and pathways around here, just getting steps the last few years. As you know, I no longer do that. I have found other things to do instead. When I remember what they are, I’ll let you know.

The view tonight up the pond, 



as I sit by the fire. 



The fire always looks the same and the view does most nights up the pond as well. You only have me to trust that these are new pictures and not just repeats. I wouldn’t do that. That would be just like leaving your shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot. Totally uncool. That reminds me of the other day when I was at the grocery store. A man limped up to the buggy corral to get rid of his shopping cart and struggled to get it to stay with the rest of the carts. He thinks he is successful and walks back to his car and just as he gets into his car the buggy that had been chasing him slams into his car. It was kinda fun to watch as there wasn’t a lot at my age I could do about it. No harm, no foul. Kinda funny to watch though.

I have been continuing to assemble 1”, 2” and 3” finished Corner-Beam units as I try to clean up the pieces I constantly end up with. I have a plethora of the different sizes and have started to come up with blocks that will hopefully not be too difficult to combine together to make an interesting quilt. 




 I’m sure something will come to me. You know me, time will tell.

Enjoy your weekend, I’ll try, it’s supposed to rain here, at least I think that is still the forecast. It keeps changing. The woods are dry, so I guess either way is cool. Until next time, be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...