Monday, May 15, 2023

Kayak

Carol here ~ 

Hope all you mom's had a Happy Mother's Day yesterday.  We didn't do much but on Saturday daughter Vanessa, Dan and I went to Rangeley to give some much needed support and assistance to daughter Erin. 

Look at those clouds!

Rangeley Lake
Photo by Vanessa


I got the OK from my doc last week to resume my normal activities so first morning the wind wasn't blowing I jumped in my kayak.


The water is so clear this spring, I could see straight down to the bottom which makes it easier to spot the turtles!

Saw these guys sunning themselves.  There are three on the front log and two on the back one.  They all jumped in the water when I glided by, keep telling them I'm not going to hurt them but guess they're not taking any chances.


Also saw this handsome guy on the shore of Mud Pond.



They're are several over there and it's quite comical when they all get to croaking at once.  

The black flies are so thick I haven't spent much time outside with my bindings.  Plus the wind has been blowing so hard it tangles my thread!  Can't imagine how bad the black flies are without the wind.  

A couple more swim floats were set afloat this weekend.  Ours is in the water but not situated where we want it yet.  Dan just put it out enough to get it off the beach.  I need him to bring it in so I can clean it before it goes out permanently.  Our neighbor Jeff dismantled his old wooden one so we are going to share ours with his family.

The baby quilt we made for Erin's friend arrived.  They sent her a video of them opening it ~ they loved it.  Ten more days until the arrival of their little girl!

Hope you all have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...