Monday, April 24, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Sunday evening, no fire this evening as the rain has arrived. Quite a bit of rain in the upcoming forecast. 

The eagles have been flying around today. I saw them soaring above the pond then head out over the brook. A little later I see an immature eagle munching on a good sized fish over on the side bank. Too far away for snapshot. That one was joined by two adults. Fun to watch. Another adult showed up and for a while I could see four sitting in the trees. I need a more powerful camera. Hmmm. I was amazed at the amount of noise they made as they complained about each other. I don’t think the fourth adult that showed up was all that welcome at their little gathering.

I did a lot of brush clean up and burning since my last ramble. Not a real lot has happened on this end other than that. I’m sure no one will notice all the twigs and brush I’ve cleaned up this spring. Here is another saying I use a lot, “ it’s hard to notice something that’s not there. This translates to lots of projects. If you dust, does anyone notice? If you don’t dust, does the same thing happen? If you keep your garden wed and clean of weeds, does anyone notice? If you don’t, does anyone notice? You get where I’m heading with this? Did you ever stop to think that many of the things you/we do, nobody notices until we stop doing… whatever it is. Scary to think about, but don’t think too long or else you may never do anything again. Most of those things we do nobody would notice are not fun to do, but we do them anyway. I guess the reason is because they need to be done. I kinda think that most of our days are spent in endless repetition. Doing what needs doing, just because it needs to be done. Probably why I quilt, because face it, quilting is nothing but senseless repetition.

On Thursday Vanessa and Jakob came over to bring me a cake for the birthday I had survived a couple days before. 



Was too cold and windy to do much outside so we visited inside and ate cake. Not a bad way to spend a day.

I mentioned before I would show some fabrics to maybe pare down our fabric stash. Here are 6 batiks, I have no idea what is on each bolt. First come first served. As I said earlier, $5 per yard plus shipping, cashiers check or money or prior approval. We have no electronic means of payment. Retired, old school, kinda like a yard sale. Either comment a yardage requested in the comments or private message me and we can go from there. If on outside chance someone wants most of what we have left, offers could be entertained. I will never use it all. I’m trying but it ain’t going to happen. 



The next quilt is still up in the air. I have been “cleaning” up the 2” squares bin. I can see the bottom and have found a smaller bin to be the the new 2” squares bin. Ever downsizing. I have made a fair number of 4-1/2” finished along with many 7-1/2” finished blocks. They will make something, I just don”t know what yet.

Like I said earlier the weather is supposed to be cold and wet so I’ll probably be inside sewing. Have fun, stay dry and so long until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...