Friday, April 7, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan again ~

Thursday evening. Today was quite the odd day. This AM Carol wanted to print something but received a pop-up menu on her computer telling her that pop-ups needed to be approved to allow her to print from the page she needed to print. (sounds like a mouthful, but read it slow it makes sense) Well, normally this means I just need to access the virus software and turn the blocker off. Well, I couldn’t find it. I asked Siri, she had no luck either, I find that she isn’t always that helpful, but she tries. 

Anyway, I find the web page and log in and ask them what is going on. They inform me that during some upgrades it must have gotten deleted. Whatever, I download software again and get it all activated and set up. 

Long story, shortened a little, the tech highly recommended the premium program to get remote access to completely clean up the performance of my Mac. I said ok as we had been trying to figure out how to get someone to come here to do the same thing anyway. This way I can get it all to happen from home. He told me the process could take 3 hours did I want to go ahead? I said sure and 7 hours later we were complete. 


I managed to get some sewing done while I was waiting to see if I was needed, occasionally I would need to answer a question. Now I need to do the same process on Carol’s computer. Long process and a royal pain. What happened to the good old days when if you got an upgrade it meant you replaced your pencil because it got too short to sharpen anymore. I guess technology is good and I do try to keep up. I did tell Carol while I was going through the process I hope we got finished before the tech graduated grade school and changed jobs.

While I was wasting my day with the computer I did manage to get some more done on the current project, #22 for 2023. I changed my design very much from when I started. I showed you the 8” finished block, last time. 



I had planned to do something like I have been doing and use sashing strips and corner stone stars. As I placed my finished blocks on the design wall, I saw a pattern emerge I liked even better. I’ll show you a piece, I still have many pieces to make and trim before much assembly can begin. 



Hopefully next time I ramble at you, #22 will be complete and I can show you the whole top.

The ice is trying to exit the pond. Mother Nature has not been cooperating as well as well as she could be but I see more melting in our future. I hope so. It seems warmer when the wind just blows and doesn’t blow across the ice. I honestly don’t know why I want the ice gone, it just means that the damn beach will need raking constantly. 







I have managed to get the storage unit cleaned out so I can move in it. I now have a table set up so I can cut fabric as necessary. This means that we will now entertain visitors by appointment to peruse the fabric and purchase some. Five dollars per yard. 1 yard cut minimum. 

If you are interested and are going to be in the area email me at dan@threadsgalore.com. If you would rather try FaceTime, we could set up appointments for that as well. We no longer process electronic payments, so payment would need to be cash or if pre-approved, by check. FaceTime sales would have to be money order or cashiers check, shipping by priority mail. Example: 10-12 yards fits in a USPS envelope for about $14 - $15. 

Due to my computer issues it didn’t happen for this blog, but I had planned to get a picture of 6-8 bolts and offer them through the blog. Payment still would need to be cashier’s check or money order. If interested or have questions, email one of us.

Until next time, stay safe and enjoy your weekend. Hopefully when one of us talks to you next the pond will be free of ice.

1 comment:

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...