Monday, March 20, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Sunday evening, chilly and windy tonight. Here is a picture of the sunset. 



Not terribly exciting but it’s not snowing. Today was a lot different than yesterday. The snow was melting fine then, today not so much. I like melting days. 

Not a lot happening here on the pond, we’re just kinda waiting on the ice to melt. It could be a little while yet, I believe I can safely say it won’t go “out” tomorrow. 

I had to go to town to get ink for our older model printer. I had installed the outdated ink we had, received a rather nasty screen message that we needed to contact HP and get assistance. The ink was dated use by 2018 but hey it was ink. So off I went to get a current ink cartridge, and came home with a new all in one fully wi-fi, don’t have to go get it out of the closet and connect it to the computer to print something, new printer. I can even email direct to it from anywhere in the world. I agree, a totally useless function, I mean, how far do I go away that I can’t wait and print when I get home. But hey it’s cool to know I can. One never knows when the need could arise. I’ll have to be sure to add the printer’s email to my contacts.

Hopefully I will get going with some organizing down in the storage unit and get it cleaned up a little tomorrow. Once that takes place and a cutting area is created then anyone that is interested in some $5.00 per yard shopping just needs to set up an appointment to get a private shopping experience. I have decided that I can’t use it up fast enough to get rid of it, and even if I could I’m going to go broke buying the batting for all these quilts. As I have said before if anyone is interested in any of these “snuggle” lap quilts at the bargain price of $500.00 let me know. I am almost ready to have them available in another place other than this blog. We would also accept any contributions to our Dempsey donation quilts project. Email me and I can tell you where to send your check. dan@threadsgalore.com.

#19 for 2023 is complete. I cruised a little outside the box with this idea. You have to admit I found a way to make it different than the rest. I found some rather large pinwheel “orphan” blocks and I used all but 2 of the “find”. I decided to use my 16-patch blocks again as place fillers and as the alternate block for my layout. I decided to pop the corners as appropriate to get the Star Wars like X fighters that I used as accents and a little interest. I decided on fussy cutting the sashing strips and border out of the border print I used on a couple earlier tops this year. It lined up a little better on the sashing than on the border but still pretty close. I’m sure someone will enjoy it. I rather like it, but I don’t need another one. 



#20 for 2023 won’t finish the 3-1/2” squares out of the last bin, although I am about ready to move on to something different. There are still 4-patches ready to combine with something to make another top. Plus there is still the top I want to create out of the pieces I have been collecting as I trim the quilted tops before Carol binds them. No ideas on that one yet, I’m sure that something will come to me. #20 is well on the way but will take several more days, I think. I try not to get to thinking too much about the next one until the current one is almost complete. Less arguing going on in my head that way.

Enjoy whatever comes your way this week, stay safe and keep looking ahead ~ what’s coming will be different than what’s behind you, but it’s the only real direction we can go. Always looking back is much the same as always looking at your cell phone. Do it long enough, eventually you’ll walk into a tree.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...