Friday, February 17, 2023

Flashback Friday

Carol here ~ 

Five years ago yesterday I traded in my 1996 Gammill Longarm for a 2018 Innova.  My Gammill had served me well but it was time for an upgrade.

Best decision ever!

February 16, 2018

I named her Lena after my grandmother Lena Cushman.  At the time, I knew we were going to end up moving to the property she purchased in 1934 so the name seemed appropriate.

Lena and I got right to work on a quilt of Dan's that was all ready entered in the MQX Show in April.  Typical of Dan, it was a BIG quilt.  I had many 4:00 am mornings as I tried to get as much uninterrupted quilting in as I could before the shop opened at 10.

The name of this quilt is CERTIFIABLE.  All quilting is free motion with the aid of rulers.  It took me 95 hours.  Yikes!





Here we are with the quilt (and a Blue Ribbon) at MQX.


Funny story ~ One of the vendors at the show was a scissor sharpener.  I had left a couple pair of scissors with the guy the day before and was at his booth to pick them up.  As I was standing there a person went by saying Congratulations to me.  The scissor guy asked if I won something and when I said a Blue ribbon he grabbed me and kissed me! What the heck! I was not expecting that!

Lena and I have been crazy busy so far this year quilting on all the quilts Dan keeps pounding out. We finished up 2023-11 yesterday.

2023-11

And I finished the binding on 2023-5.

2023-5

These are bindings Dan has cut for me, me thinks he needs to start piecing and pressing them so they are all ready for me when I am ready for them.


The Bluebirds have continued to eat at our feeders, sometimes 8-10 at a time.  They are so pretty!


What a day yesterday, a spring tease for sure.  Hope you were able to get out and enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...