Monday, January 30, 2023

The Keurig and the Chicken

Carol here ~ 

This is my chicken pincushion.  I have had this little guy at least twenty-five years.  He has been stripped of his pins and needles because he moved from the quilting loft to the kitchen for a new job.


This is our Keurig coffee maker.


It brews a full carafe of coffee or a single cup using the K-cups.  The single K-cup goes in the flap that you see open on the top.  The flap gets pushed down to close so the coffee can brew.  Only the flap no longer stays closed down, it pops up in the midst of brewing.  What a mess it makes ~ coffee grounds everywhere!

This is where my chicken's new job is.


He is just the right weight to hold down that flap so the coffee can brew without making a big mess.

Ta-da, problem solved.

I am still procrastinating on getting the bindings done that I talked about last week, only now I have four quilts and three hot mats to bind.  



Last week's chemo treatment kicked my butt and I felt pretty crappy so maybe I'll be able to get started on them this week?  We'll see.

In the meantime......


Dan's still pounding them out.

Cold weather and February arriving this week ~ stay warm!  Only 49 days until spring!





1 comment:

  1. I also have that style chicken in my sewing room. A gift from a friend who made it using a log cabin pattern. I ended up removing the stuffing and replaced it with crushed walnut shells and it is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...