Friday, January 27, 2023

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

What a pain in the butt snow storm. Was forecast to get 6”- 12” of snow followed by a thin coating of rain. Not really what I saw. By the time I went outside Thursday morning, there was about 5” of snow but the bottom 1” was slush. Heavy slush. As I shoveled the shovel contents would splat upon impact with the ground. I did manage to get the snow/slush off most of the blacktop. I think I can safely say winter has arrived in Maine.

I finished the quilt top currently known as #6 for 2023. If you remember the last time I rambled at you it was on the floor in the studio. For the main block I again used four 5” 
4-Patch blocks to create a 10” finished block. For the sashing strip, turned to my Corner Pop II. I wanted the stars to pop out a little more.  I like the way it turned out.


Number 7 for 2023 is on the floor beside me. I used the same 10” block and light background. This time I went back to my Corner Pop III. For variety, I used 2 different colors for the stars. It came out fine.  I’m sure whoever snuggles under it will, enjoy it.



I hope the weather is through for a bit, but one never knows. Stay safe, enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...