Friday, January 6, 2023

A Misbehavin' Lena

Carol here ~ 

After two weekends with no power and another weekend of feeling crappy I finally got the quilt that we are doing for our friend Michelle loaded onto Lena Longarm.  

I used the pattern NIGHTLIGHT by Urban Elementz.


This quilt has several thick seams where points come together.  Lena decided she didn't want to stitch through those seams.  What?  She's never done that before.  I finally figured out that when she was changing direction over the thick seams is when she decided to have a hissy fit.  Truthfully, I think I was the one having a hissy fit.  HA!

I figured out how to work around her quirkiness and thought that things were going along quite well.  Then she decided to skip a stitch in a couple of places. I marked these spots as I would definitely need to go back and fix them.

I would have to do those fixes freehand so unhooked the belts that run Lena's robotics so I could have full control of the sew head.

I can't show you a picture of the quilt at this point but will show you the couple of fixes I did.

Here is one of the skips on the star.


I ripped out the stitching enough to get a long thread tail of the top and the bobbin thread so I could tie in a square knot and bury it in the quilt layers.


I used an arc ruler and straight ruler to freehand the missing stitches.  Back in the day I could of just stitched it without the rulers but I am so shaky these days.



All fixed!


Here is the other section I had to repair.


Same process.



I will get Dan's latest quilt loaded on her this weekend to see if she is going to cooperate or continue to misbehave.

Have a good weekend, stay safe on the roads!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...