Friday, November 11, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~

I am not liking this time change one bit.  It's put me in a funk, I have no motivation to do much of anything.  Not that I have a lot I have to do, but I do have a lot I want to do.  Need to kick myself in the butt!

I did manage to get started on the quilting of the green Hunter Star quilt that I had loaded onto Lena Longarm last week.  Got it about half done.




I used the digital pattern Becker's Shooting Stars.  Seems like that is the go-to pattern for any of the Hunter Star quilts ~ I like it, it quilts out nicely.

While Lena was stitching away I decided to see if I could find enough fabric for a small Christmas project I want to make.  Found all the fabrics I thought would work except for a green.  Figured I'd have to go out to our storage unit to find one.  

BUT! As I was moving things around I noticed that the fabric that was to be for the binding on the green Hunter Star quilt would be perfect for my little project.

I figured out how many strips I needed for the binding then measured what was left.  Yes!  There was enough.  Now, I can get started on the cutting.


We have had a cardinal visit the feeders several times this week.  He is so pretty but very skittish.  If he notices any movement at all through the windows he flies away.  I had to sneakily get close enough to the window to get these pics.



This is the time of year for all my yearly appointments ~ optometrist, dermatologist, pulmonologist, dentist.  Plus Covid booster and flu shots.  Still have pulmonologist and dentist in the next couple weeks.  

Got my new glasses, too bad they are on the same old face! HA!


There is still one swim float in the pond.  Don't know what they are waiting for but I'm pretty sure they won't be swimming out to it to bring it in.


Sunrise this morn..


Have a good weekend and thank you Veterans for your service.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...