Friday, October 14, 2022

This and That

Carol here ~ 

These pictures from 2009 popped up on my Facebook memories the other day.  Vanessa and Lucas were living in Maryland as that is where Lucas was stationed. (Navy) Vanessa and Kailey flew home for a few days to visit.


Kailey helped out in the quilt shop. All the grands loved "playing buttons" in the shop.


This pic of Bumpa and Parker has always been one of my favorites.


As is this one of Bumpa and Kailey.


This is such a great pic of my Mom.


Time sure does fly by, enjoy each day as there is no getting it back.

We went to a soccer game in Richmond last week.  The foliage was just gorgeous on the drive over.

Parker

Got another kayak ride in this week.  The water is getting cold, waded out to get in the kayak, wouldn't want to stand in it too long but manageable for the few seconds it takes to get in.  Don't know how much longer we will be kayaking but still leaving them out for now.

Only one swim float left on the pond, I think I counted six docks that haven't been pulled yet.  




Looks like we will loose a lot of the foliage according to today's weather report.  Darn.  Sure would like another couple weeks of the pretty.

Speaking of Vanessa and Lucas ~ today is their wedding anniversary.  Neither of them are fans of all the hoopla that goes into weddings. I was hosting Quilt Camp when I got a phone call from Vanessa telling me that she and Lucas had gotten married.  Knew they were going to at some point but didn't know when.  

Here is their story in Vanessa's words ~

We met when he worked for my dad in Rangeley in the summer. Maybe 1995? He was so adorable with his crazy assed sideburns and curly hair. By the time he asked me out I had a boyfriend. A couple years later, after that boyfriend and I broke up , I couldn’t stop thinking about him and if I had missed out on my “the one”. I ended up emailing his parents for his email address and found out he was Active Duty Navy and deployed during the Kosovo stuff. We got to know each other over email and met up at the Sidewalk Art Show in Rangeley the day he got home and have been together ever since. That was 1999. 

Here is a pic of them from 2008.


Happy Anniversary Lucas and Vanessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...