Monday, October 3, 2022

A New Shawl and Apple Picking

Carol here ~ 

Daughter Vanessa is a fabulous knitter.  She collects yarn like us quilters collect fabric.  She even dyes a lot of her own.  Several years ago (2017 maybe?) she knit me this beautiful shawl.


I love it and have used it all the time.  It's the perfect weight to throw over my shoulders when I feel a chill, not cold enough for another layer but just right for a chill.  Sometimes I have it on for just a few minutes.  I use it all year round even in the summer as coming inside to the A/C running from outside feels a bit cold.  


Well, it doesn't look like that anymore.  It has been well used and loved.  I asked Vanessa to make me a new one for my birthday (which was in August).  She has been working on it off and on all summer as the bigger it got the hotter it was to knit with the bulk of it in her lap!

She brought the new one over to me last week ~ it's beautiful!  The yarn is so soft and squishy.


Can you see all that fancy stitching along one side?



Hand made gifts are the best!

Saturday we went to pick apples with Lucas, Vanessa and the kids.  They had purchased a tree of Macoun apples from Kent's Hill Orchard. $50.00 for all the apples on the tree.  





We had that tree pretty much stripped in about twenty minutes!


That's a lot of apples!


Both Vanessa and I got a batch of applesauce made yesterday ~ think it's going to be the first of many.

Starting to get some color around the pond, love the reflections!


Have a good week, enjoy the foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...