Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Lovely evening, not too cold and very little wind. My kind of a fall evening. And the best part… no mosquitoes. I must say I go through a lot of wood this time of year. The fire is no longer for ambiance it’s for heat. My view this evening as the suns setting was quite nice.



It seems like it sets rather earlier than it was last night. It won’t be long before it’s dark before supper. I guess that will be the end of grilling.

I have ordered a new tractor and have been told last week… now they don’t respond. Landscaper doesn’t respond, carpenter doesn’t respond. I know I bathe every day and use deodorant so that's not it. Maybe the answer is to constantly try someone new, rather than use who you used before. Sad, I built my business for close to 40 years around treating your current customers well because you knew they paid when bills were sent. I guess it’s a different world today. I don’t think I like it much. Kinda glad I have little need for the services of others any more. A couple more projects and I’ll not need much any more at all

We have had a couple cold nights. Like I said the other day the flowers are gone but I have been covering a tomato plant and so far it has survived. I did move from a sheet to a wool quilt.  So far it has done the trick. The tomatoes still are not ripe, but I think they are getting closer.

I am still plugging along with the current scrap project I am working on. I have used up about all the red and light/med tan pinwheel units and the green gold/tan units. I am still working on the rather large bag I found of the flowery/blue and tan half squares I found. There are still a lot of them to process. These are the four different blocks. 



Once I find out how many blocks I can make, I can begin to figure out how to lay them out and finish this top. I know my plan will need to change because what I have left of the background I would rather use up in blocks and not in sashing strips. Sashing strips are still to be decided I guess.

The moon is getting larger, it was pretty tonight peeking out through the clouds as I set by the fire. 



I keep thinking it will get colder, but not too bad yet. It will get too cold, that is a given.  I wish I could count on people getting back to me as much as I can count on the weather getting colder. I will wait, and “the leaves that were green, turn to brown, and they wither in the wind and they crumble in your hand,” and they pile up on my damn beach, as I patiently wait for my tractor/wheel barrow to assist this scrawny old man in fall clean up.

The tractor will get here, I must have faith in others, but it seems as I get older I have less and less faith in others following through. That trait seems to have left the workplace. Time will tell. That seems to be a mantra I use a lot now also. I rely on others and sit back and wait and figure time will tell whether anything happens. It’s frustrating but I don’t have much else to worry about. I really hope I don’t have to move all the leaves and gravel I see having to relocate in my future by wheelbarrow. But time will tell.

Enjoy the rest of your week, I’ll try. Hopefully I’ll have some good news the next time I yak at you. 'til then, be safe and look on the bright side, it could always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...