Friday, September 11, 2026

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

Nice day today as long as you are heavy enough not to get blown away. Very windy, I had to turn all my planters sideways along the wall to keep them from blowing over. 



I have been rebuilding the driveway coming down to the house. I have spread about 10 of the 12 yards of gravel they delivered first. I am waiting for twelve more so I can continue with the project. The idea is to slope the driveway to one side and have the water run down beside the road instead of in it and washing out. I am 73 now I won’t be doing it again. Hopefully this will get us beyond the concept of let the water run down the road and all the fines with it then wheel all the fines back up the hill and repeat. Time will tell. Much more work to follow.

My wood pile is growing a little at a time. 



I would like to see it much bigger before snow. I wonder when that will be. I guess time will tell there as well.

Not much has been going on around here. I’ve been puttering, you know doing crap that absolutely no one would notice to do themselves but sometimes see it is better in some way. Not much else in my world to do. The flowers on the fence have been relegated to compost as one of them desiccated enough that it looked stupid. I guess fall is here. I have reached an age that I am aware that I don’t have to like it, it still will come. At this point I have heard so many different ideas of what this winter will bring that I have about stopped listening to them. You got it, time will tell.

Lots of different stacked squares is what has been happening in the studio.

#45 for 2026 is being constructed from 8” squares that I framed to make them into 10” squares then I am using a 2-1/2” sashing strip. I am working on the sashing strips and corner stones now. Here is a few of the blocks I created. 



The wind finally calmed down about the time the sun set. 



We desperately need some rain but I could survive without the wind. Hopefully my gravel delivery will arrive tomorrow so I can continue with that project otherwise I’ll need to continue scrounging wood. 

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ Nice day today as long as you are heavy enough not to get blown away. Very windy, I had to turn all my planters sideways along t...