Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Lena Longarm

Carol here ~

I got Lena Longarm up and running again, figured she had a long enough of a break as I haven't used her since the beginning of July.  I loaded a donation quilt on her and we quilted it up over the weekend.  Dan pieced this quilt back in the spring using a bunch of orphan blocks.  Read about it here.


I used the pattern "Chantilly" by Urban Elementz.




Had the binding all ready to go so once I got the quilt off Lena I stitched it on and have spent the last couple of days hand stitching it to the back.  Got it done!


Yesterday we went to a soccer game. Grandson Parker is on the Rangeley team, they were playing against St Dom's in Auburn, which is only about half an hour from us.  Got to chat with Rangeley friend Nancy, hadn't seen her in a while. Erin came to the game also so after it was finished we all went to dinner.  Had a nice visit.


We are starting to see a bit of foliage, think it's a bit later than last year.  The trees on the other side of Winter Brook that we see from our walks on the ridge are really red.


Today's plan is to switch out my closet.  Out with the summer clothes, in with the winter ones.  Will probably save out a pair of shorts in case we get a couple more really nice days but certainly can pack away the sleeveless tops and bathing suits. At the same time, anything that hasn't been worn this summer gets pulled and donated. Don't have room to store them here so they get packed up and taken to our storage unit.

Also have another donation quilt I can get started on so will putter on that this week.

Can't believe it's almost October!  Enjoy these last few days of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~ A nice calm Thursday evening out by the fire. Tonight’s view up the pond.  I finally was able to buy the steel that I wanted for ...