Monday, June 20, 2022

Dan's Ramblings

Dan here ~

What happened to the weather? I fell asleep and woke up back in early spring not almost summer. Nice walking though. Saw this girl on my walk on Sunday. 



I’ve seen deer quite often lately. There are way too many of them running around but that is a discussion for somewhere else. 

Cold and windy was the order for the day on Sunday. I thought I was through with having to wear three shirts along with a vest and fleece jacket on my walks. It will change, as long as it doesn’t get too cold. I did break the 1000 mile mark when I did my walk statistics last Friday. Half way there. I’m going to try and stick it out for the rest of the year but probably will not try it again next year. It takes too much out of my day. Maybe I’ll shoot for walking my age every month. I honestly doubt I’ll stop walking altogether.

The secret quilt project is progressing nicely. I’m still powering along. I need to finish my end so Carol can have plenty of time to do her magic and turn it into a quilt before we reach our deadline.

The never ending saga of the beach continues. I have managed to get the tree seedlings wed out and the sand raked around. I noticed as it became dark on Sunday evening that the wind and waves have blown in a decent supply of pine needles and what we call rice crispies. I think they are really the popped off tree bud coverings from the pines. The pines are a nuisance this time of the year as the needles they shed layer up on the hill in the driveway and pile up on the beach. 

In the fall the oak leaves become a nuisance in both the same locations. I blow them off the driveway and rake and haul them off the beach. One of the reasons I’ll need to stop walking next year. It’s becoming harder at my age to keep up with all the things falling down around me to spend that much time walking every day. After all I don’t want to turn walking into a job. (Carol thinks I already have) I need to get back to sitting around reading and taking naps. But alas, even that gets old after a while.

I don’t think the weather will be very great this week but get out and enjoy it anyway. I’ll do my best to do so as well. 

‘Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dan's Ramblings

 Dan here ~ Was out by the fire as it was a very nice evening. I had my doubts but the wind calmed down quite nicely.  I find it very hard ...